Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ian Ross <ia...@hotmail.com> on 2003/12/19 08:38:33 UTC

problems accessing database

Hi
I am trying to get access to a SQLserver database. I am not sure what the
problem is.
i have the following line in cocoon.xconf
<dburl>jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://databaseserver:1433/Soccer Scores</dburl>
<user/>
<password/>
I also have the correct driver in the web.xml file.
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

I am not sure if the above entry is valid as the database name has two words
- "Soccer Scores".
I am also not aware how to run a query on the database as it is evident i
would get a syntax error.
eg: Select * from Soccer scores.organisms;
How would i handle this case using the ESQL logicsheet??
I tried writing a sample page to get access to the database but only the
root element of the xml is produced and closing tag is not present. The
sample .xsp page is below.
The output produced is
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<user_info xmlns:mylogic="http://hostname/mylogic/1.0"
xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
xmlns:xspdoc="http://apache.org/cocoon/XSPDoc/v1"
xmlns:esql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2">

Ive tried looking for answers in mailing lists but could not get it working.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your time.
Ian.

<xsp:page
               language="java"
               xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
               xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0">
<user_info>
   <esql:connection>
       <esql:pool>bigpool</esql:pool>

         <esql:execute-query>
            <esql:query>
               select *
               from results <!-- this would normally be written as Soccer
Scores.results-->
            </esql:query>
            <esql:results>
                    <hello>HELLO WORLD</hello>
            </esql:results>

            <esql:no-results>
               <not_present>NOTHING</not_present>
            </esql:no-results>

            <esql:error-results>
		    <esql:get-message/>
		    <esql:get-stacktrace/>
		    <esql:to-string/>
            </esql:error-results>

         </esql:execute-query>
   </esql:connection>
</user_info>

</xsp:page>

Re: problems accessing database

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
I think you are right, please try to change the name of the database to
ONE word. the spaces inside a database name is not standard and can cause
more problems to you.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Ian Ross dijo: