Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Chad Austin <ch...@imvu.com> on 2012/01/16 22:53:17 UTC

Internal assertion when updating symlink changes on 64-bit Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

I admit I haven't updated my working copy on this Linux machine in some
time, but I do know that we had some symlink changes in recent history that
broke Subversion 1.7.0 on Windows with a similar assertion to the
following.  Upgrading to Subversion 1.7.2 on Windows fixed the assertion.

However, now that I've gone to update on Linux, I get the following
assertion:

svn: E235000: In file 'subversion/libsvn_wc/update_editor.c' line 1583:
assertion failed (action == svn_wc_conflict_action_edit || action ==
svn_wc_conflict_action_delete || action == svn_wc_conflict_action_replace)

Deleting the directories containing the symlinks allows "svn update" to
complete.

Perhaps the above assertion is the same as
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/subversion-dev/201201.mbox/%3C20120101235241.GB10393@ted.stsp.name%3E?

Re: Internal assertion when updating symlink changes on 64-bit Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

Posted by Chad Austin <ch...@imvu.com>.
I've attached two diffs: part of the original offending revision that set
off this chain of events: 125368.patch.  Then my revert of part of the tree
to fix the clang symlinks. 125391.patch

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Chad Austin <ch...@imvu.com>.
On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 12:57 AM, Philip Martin
<ph...@wandisco.com>wrote:

> Which version of Subversion on Linux?

1.7.2

> Can you describe the nature of the symlink change?

I don't recall exactly the issue, but it all started when someone made a
code checkout with Cygwin and then committed with TortoiseSVN.  Because
Cygwin and native Windows builds of Subversion use different working copy
representations of symlinks, suddenly all of the symlinks in the repository
were broken.  In the process of reverting his changes, older versions of
Subversion stopped being able to update.  Then I removed those symlinks
from the tree entirely, except for one, and now Subversion 1.7.2 on Linux
cannot update.

Thanks,
Chad

Re: Internal assertion when updating symlink changes on 64-bit Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>.