Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Sonu SR <so...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/12 19:13:28 UTC

How to reflect index changes to search automatically

Hi,
     I have SearchServer and SearchClient programs. The SearchServer
using RemoteSearchable
for binding the indices in servers . The SearchClient using
ParallelMultiSearcher for searching the indices. The problem is that I have
to restart the search servers for reflecting the index change in search on
every index change(add or update). Is there any other solution to reflect
the changes in search. That is without restarting the SearchServer.

Thanks,
Sonu

Re: How to reflect index changes to search automatically

Posted by jafarim <ja...@gmail.com>.
With local indices, it is enough to reopen the IndexSearcher by calling
close() and then renew the IndexSearcher object. How about RemoteSearchers?
Is it necessary to re-initialize remote search server?

--jaf

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.