Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Muhammad Aamir <ma...@aamir.pk> on 2009/04/03 10:18:01 UTC

Re: Issue Inventory Item

I had a look at that feature, this is to transfer inventory item and not to
consume. For example a stationary store in an organization issues some
inventory to some department (for office use). In this way inventory item is
not transferred but being consumed by that department.

Regards
Muhammad Aamir

Re: Issue Inventory Item

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: Issue Inventory Item

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@iguanait.com>.
On Apr 3, 2009, at 11:18 AM, Muhammad Aamir wrote:

> I had a look at that feature, this is to transfer inventory item and
> not to
> consume. For example a stationary store in an organization issues some
> inventory to some department (for office use). In this way inventory
> item is
> not transferred but being consumed by that department.

I think this should be a Requirement with type Internal Requirement,
but not sure if there is OOTB functionality for issueing items.
If you are looking for a fast solution, you can use Inventory Item
Variance feature for issueing items. This might not be right way
though...it is also possible to assign different GL accounts for these
reasons

Bilgin