Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by 南京大学软件学院薛恺丰 <82...@qq.com> on 2020/10/16 02:46:22 UTC

[DISCUSS] Should we use spark-tsfile or spark-iotdb

Hi everyone,
I have done some test about spark-tsfile and spark-iotdb, the result is at:&nbsp;https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IOTDB/Spark-tsfile+and+Spark-iotdb+comparasion

What conclusion we can get from these result?

I think the reason is iotdb query process is paralleled, but tsfile are not. And we may not optimize tsfile query process frequently in future. Should we just use spark-iotdb in future?

Best Regards,
Kaifeng Xue

Re: [DISCUSS] Should we use spark-tsfile or spark-iotdb

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hi,

that is very interesting results and indeed I would opt for using iotdb by default.
My vision is to enable advanced query optimization and indexing as it is known by RDBMS.
Then this could be faster by orders of magnitude if the database has a suitable index.

Just my 2 ct : )

Julian