Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Bob Potter <bo...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/12 08:40:55 UTC

Poseidon, a new 0.8 compatible Ruby client for Kafka

Howdy,

I just pushed the initial version of a new Ruby client that implements the
new 0.8 wire protocol and includes a producer which uses the topic metadata
API to distribute messages across a cluster.

https://github.com/bpot/poseidon

It's still very alpha, but I hope to put it through its paces some over the
next couple weeks and work out any issues.

I'd appreciate any feedback, especially on the API.

Thanks,
Bob

Re: Poseidon, a new 0.8 compatible Ruby client for Kafka

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.
This is awesome. When you get it fully functional add it to the clients
page so people can find it.

-Jay

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Bob,