Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Michael Hagedorn <mi...@gmx.de> on 2010/09/14 21:33:01 UTC

[daemon] Using RMI without security manager

My App is using RMI to talk between daemon component and GUI. Everything runs within one machine. If I deploy daemon component with '--StartMode=jvm' App runs into exceptions by RMI class loader. It misses a security manager. But I don't want to install security manager and if I deploy '--StartMode=java' it works fine without security manager.

Is this a side effect of prunsrv or default behavior of jvm.dll? And why does it work if java.exe is loading jvm.dll?

Thanks
Michael

Re: [daemon] Using RMI without security manager

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
On 09/14/2010 09:33 PM, Michael Hagedorn wrote:

> My App is using RMI to talk between daemon component and GUI. Everything runs within one machine. If I deploy daemon component with '--StartMode=jvm' App runs into exceptions by RMI class loader. It misses a security manager. But I don't want to install security manager and if I deploy '--StartMode=java' it works fine without security manager.
>
> Is this a side effect of prunsrv or default behavior of jvm.dll? And why does it work if java.exe is loading jvm.dll?

Sun's java.exe adds some private properties to the environment.
It would be helpful if you could get all the properties if
started with java.exe and jvm.dll and send the differences.
Next step would be to add that particular property like
-Dapplication.home= and -Dsun.java.command= and see if
that helps.

Looks like java.exe is doing something internally that
is not documented in the JNI or JVM documentation
Sounds familiar :)

Regards
--
^TM