Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com> on 2006/09/28 23:08:29 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.x perf degradation on large downloads on Windows

I'm seeing what appears to be really severe performance degradation
during the course of really large downloads (e.g. 800MBs) on Windows
Apache's -- both 2.0.x (recent builds) and 2.2.3.

Has anyone else seen this?  Is this just a lack of tuning?  If so,
pointers would be appreciated.

Note we're using:

    SendBufferSize 16384

and

    EnableSendfile Off

Before blaming the latter setting, however, I should point out that the
problem we're seeing exists both for this case with simple static file
downloads and for dynamic downloads through mod_jk and Tomcat (we've
only tested this case with 2.0.x).  The latter case is actually our real
issue, but unless/until static file downloads don't show this
degradation there seems to be little point in chasing the (more complex)
dynamic case.

--
Jess Holle

[users@httpd] Re: Apache 2.x perf degradation on large downloads on Windows

Posted by Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>.
Jess Holle wrote:
> In some of my testing, Win32DisableAcceptEx seems to make a huge
> improvement, however...
Okay, I take that back...

Posted by Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>.
Jess Holle wrote:
> In some of my testing, Win32DisableAcceptEx seems to make a huge
> improvement, however...
Okay, I take that back...

Posted by Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>.

Posted by Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>.