Posted to users@maven.apache.org by se...@gmx.ch on 2007/03/09 19:17:04 UTC

Deploying to Tomcat with Maven

Hi there

I have installed Tomcat 5.5 and let maven 1.0.2 build by mywebapp.war
file.
But how can I automatically move it to the Tomcat/webapps directory with
a maven goal?

Is there something similar to this (with Weblogic server)?:

<!-- Deploy WAR -->
  <goal name="war:deploy">
    <echo message="Deploy ${pom.artifactId}.${maven.multiproject.type}
to ${tomcat.host}:${tomcat.port}"/>
    <java classname="weblogic.Deployer" fork="true">
      <arg value="-adminurl"/>
      <arg value="t3://${tomcat.host}:${tomcat.port}"/>
      <arg value="-user"/>
      <arg value="${wls.username}"/>
      <arg value="-password"/>
      <arg value="${wls.password}"/>
      <arg value="-targets"/>
      <arg value="${wls.server}"/>
      <arg value="-name"/>
      <arg value="${pom.artifactId}"/>
      <arg value="-source"/>
      <arg
value="${maven.build.dir}/${pom.artifactId}.${maven.multiproject.type}"/

      <arg value="-deploy"/>
    </java>
  </goal>

For this, I need a deployer class!?

And when I simply copy the war from the .maven/build/mywebapp directory,
then the tomcat server doesnt reload the webapp automatically? Why is
this?

Greets and thanks