Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Sandeep Nemuri <nh...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/21 13:33:49 UTC

joining 2 tables

Hi all ,

I want to join two tables

**

I have table_A:

id1 var1 var2
1   a    b
2   c    d

Table_B:

id2 var3 var4
3   e    f
4   g    h

Expected Output is :

id1 var1 var2 id2 var3 var4
1   a    b     3    e   f
2   c    d     4    g   h

Thanks in advance.
--
--Regards
  Sandeep Nemuri

Re: hiveserver2 with OpenLDAP ?

Posted by Sanjay Subramanian <Sa...@wizecommerce.com>.
Hi Mikhail

Good news !

I deleted current user  which used "dn: cn=", and re-created it using "dn: uid=", looks like it works.

So that’s an option 3 as well

Nevertheless for academic reasons I am going to give your option 2 a try and report back what I find

Thanks again
Regards

sanjay

From: Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, August 23, 2013 9:40 PM
To: "user@hive.apache.org<ma...@hive.apache.org>" <us...@hive.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: hiveserver2 with OpenLDAP ?

You don't need to rebuild Hive, no.

I see 2 solutions for that -

1) modify your LDAP data schema so it accepts uid instead of cn attribute (and actually I think it should be working, as after all there can't be so obvious bug in Hive...), so probably whoever tested that provider was using difference LDAP schema that what we have

2) write your class similar to the one mentioned, and point Hive to that in the hive-site.xml, set hive.server2.authentication=CUSTOM,and provide a full class name of your class (and make sure it's on classpath, of course).

I prefer second way. Hope it should help. Let me know it it worked for you.

*General question to folks* - am I missing something or there's really a bug in LDAP authenticator, which doesn't allow precise configuration of binding string?

Mikhail

2013/8/23 Sanjay Subramanian <Sa...@wizecommerce.com>>
Thanks a lot Mikhail for getting back.

That means I cannot use this using beeline unless I change the code and build hive again ?

Thanks

sanjay

From: Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, August 23, 2013 6:17 PM
To: "user@hive.apache.org<ma...@hive.apache.org>" <us...@hive.apache.org>>

I see the same behavior and here's the reason.

LdapAuthenticationProviderImpl - that the one responsible for LDAP authentication in Hive. Look at this class. It has snippet (CDH 4.2.1, hive 0.10):

 // setup the security principal
    String bindDN;
    if (baseDN != null) {
      bindDN = "uid=" + user + "," + baseDN;
    } else {
      bindDN = user;
    }

And according to Cloudera documentation, you're supposed to set baseDN param for OpenLDAP, but not for AD. So when this baseDN isn't present, Hive takes username as it is (say user1) and tries to bind to the ldap server, which works.

When you set this baseDN, it constructs the bind string as uid=user1,dc=wizetest,dc=com. But most likely, your open ldap expects it to be rather cn=user1,dc=wizetest,dc=com, uid attribute isn't being used.

I think the way to go is to provide you own LDAP authenticator, which has more control on how to generate LDAP bind string.

Mikhail

2013/8/23 Sanjay Subramanian <Sa...@wizecommerce.com>>
Hi guys

I tested hiveserver2 with Active directory - It works
With Open LDAP it does not

Is there any specific syntax for specifying the LDAP url or baseDN ?

<property>
  <name>hive.server2.authentication.ldap.url</name>
  <value>ldap://myserver.corp.nextag.com:389<http://myserver.corp.nextag.com:389></value>
</property>
<property>
  <name>hive.server2.authentication.ldap.baseDN</name>
  <value>dc=wizetest,dc=com</value>
</property>

Beeline keeps giving error

jdbc:hive2://dev-thdp5:10000> !connect jdbc:hive2://dev-thdp5:10000 hiveuser1 ******** org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver
Connecting to jdbc:hive2://dev-thdp5:10000
Error: Could not establish connection to jdbc:hive2://dev-thdp5:10000: Peer indicated failure: Error validating the login (state=08S01,code=0)

Any clues ?

Thanks

sanjay

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
======================
This email message and any attachments are for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message along with any attachments, from your computer system. If you are the intended recipient, please be advised that the content of this message is subject to access, review and disclosure by the sender's Email System Administrator.

Michael Antonov

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
======================

Posted by Sanjay Subramanian <Sa...@wizecommerce.com>.
Awesome Mikhail

I love option 2..I am going to do that and let u know

Thanks so much for your guidance

Regards

sanjay

Posted by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>.
To validate what I said, run hiveserver2 in debug mode, put breakpoint in
this class, authenticate method, and see if the exception is being thrown.

2013/8/23 Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>

> I see the same behavior and here's the reason.
>
> LdapAuthenticationProviderImpl - that the one responsible for LDAP
> authentication in Hive. Look at this class. It has snippet (CDH 4.2.1, hive
> 0.10):
>
>  // setup the security principal
>     String bindDN;
>     if (baseDN != null) {
>       bindDN = "uid=" + user + "," + baseDN;
>     } else {
>       bindDN = user;
>     }
>
> And according to Cloudera documentation, you're supposed to set baseDN
> param for OpenLDAP, but not for AD. So when this baseDN isn't present, Hive
> takes username as it is (say user1) and tries to bind to the ldap server,
> which works.
>
> When you set this baseDN, it constructs the bind string as
> uid=user1,dc=wizetest,dc=com. But most likely, your open ldap expects it to
> be rather cn=user1,dc=wizetest,dc=com, uid attribute isn't being used.
>
> I think the way to go is to provide you own LDAP authenticator, which has
> more control on how to generate LDAP bind string.
>
> Mikhail
>

> 2013/8/23 Sanjay Subramanian <Sa...@wizecommerce.com>
>
>>  Hi guys
>>
>>  I tested hiveserver2 with Active directory - It works
>> With Open LDAP it does not
>>
>>  Is there any specific syntax for specifying the LDAP url or baseDN ?
>>
>>  <property>
>>   <name>hive.server2.authentication.ldap.url</name>
>>   <value>ldap://myserver.corp.nextag.com:389</value>
>> </property>
>> <property>
>>   <name>hive.server2.authentication.ldap.baseDN</name>
>>   <value>dc=wizetest,dc=com</value>
>> </property>
>>
>>  Beeline keeps giving error
>>
>>  jdbc:hive2://dev-thdp5:10000> !connect jdbc:hive2://dev-thdp5:10000
>> hiveuser1 ******** org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver
>> Connecting to jdbc:hive2://dev-thdp5:10000
>> Error: Could not establish connection to jdbc:hive2://dev-thdp5:10000:
>> Peer indicated failure: Error validating the login (state=08S01,code=0)
>>
>>  Any clues ?
>>
>>  Thanks
>>
>>  sanjay
>>
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>> ======================
>> This email message and any attachments are for the exclusive use of the
>> intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged
>> information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
>> prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
>> sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message along
>> with any attachments, from your computer system. If you are the intended
>> recipient, please be advised that the content of this message is subject to
>> access, review and disclosure by the sender's Email System Administrator.

> Michael Antonov

Michael Antonov

Re: hiveserver2 with OpenLDAP ?

Posted by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>.