Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de> on 2006/05/19 09:05:43 UTC

Re: Maven2 with JAXB 2.0

Hello Jonathan,

I have still a few points,

    * If i access http://jaxb.dev.java.net/jaxb-maven2-plugin/ with IE6
      (latest patches applied) i get (free translation from the original
      german error message) line 316 object required.
      The M$ script debugger shows the line
      for( n=dd.parentNode.previousSibling; n!=null; n=n.previousSibling ) {
      with
      n=dd.parentNode.previousSibling
      highlighted.
    * According to Joerg.Schaible@Elsag-Solutions.com citing
      http://www.mavenregistry.com/search/artifacts?hl=en&q=jsr173&btnG=Search+Registry
      javax.xml.bind should be only javax.xml and com.sun.xml.bind
      should be only com.sun.xml (but this would not match your
      directory names??).
    * On http://jaxb.dev.java.net/jaxb-maven2-plugin/ you still have

      <groupId>jaxb</groupId>

      <artifactId>jaxb-impl</artifactId>

      <version>2.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

      Why not

      <groupId>com.sun.xml.bind</groupId>

      <artifactId>jaxb-impl</artifactId>

      <version>2.0</version>

      ??
    * The jaxb dependencies shown on
      http://jaxb.dev.java.net/jaxb-maven2-plugin/ are also in the pom
      from the downloaded zip
      https://jaxb.dev.java.net/jaxb-maven2-plugin/maven-jaxb-plugin-1.0.zip.
      Why list them twice; or the other way round: can i omit them from
      my pom.xml?

Greetings

Franz

Re: Maven2 with JAXB 2.0

Posted by Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de>.
Hello Jonathan,

The script error still occurs for me but no big deal.
Unfortenately i cannot access Maven2 repositories over https (only http
works).
I opened MNG-2305 about this.
A good thing for me would be http access to jaxb.dev.java.net or even
better update of http://repo.mergere.com/maven2/javax/xml/ to the last
(released) versions.

Thanks and best regards

Franz