Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by bi...@digitalgarden.com on 2004/06/23 17:55:51 UTC

install problem 2.1.3->2.2.0

I'm trying to upgrade to the new production release.  I've installed james
on a different machine, 'run' to extract the sar, and merged my changes
(most of them I've left out custom matchers and related config until I get
the basic server up), and copied over the entire var directory.

when I try to start james I get:

ERROR   2004-06-23 11:25:47.679 [Phoenix.] (): Error building configuration
from file:/C:/Program
Files/apache/james-2.2.0/apps/james/SAR-INF/config.xml.
java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: ../conf/james-fetchmail.xml

I don't use fetch mail or pop.  Both are the default configs.  I
successfully upgraded a different environment from 2.1.3 to 2.2.0RC4 a
couple weeks ago and think I did pretty much the same thing.

thanks

bill page