Posted to dev@juneau.apache.org by James Bognar <ja...@apache.org> on 2023/01/02 14:20:32 UTC

9.0.0 progress

Hi all,

We've managed to made the following upgrades in prereqs:
Servlet 6.0.0
Jetty 11.0.13
SpringBoot 3.0.1
HttpClient 4.5.14
HttpCore 4.4.16

Jetty forced the upgrade of Servlet which forced the upgrade of
SpringBoot.  SpringBoot is on Java 17 so the Maven build now requires
JDK 17.  Artifacts are still compiled at Java 11 though so that prereq
is not changing.

I did try upgrading HttpClient/HttpCore to v5, but the API differences
are substantial and would require at least a couple months of work.
I'd like to hold off these changes until the next release.

Once our CI/CD pipeline is green (hopefully later today) I plan to
propose v9.0 RC2.

Re: 9.0.0 progress

Posted by James Bognar <ja...@gmail.com>.
It's optional.  The juneau-rest-server-springboot module contains
BasicSpringRestServlet class that allows you to define your REST
endpoints as injectable spring beans.
https://juneau.apache.org/site/apidocs-9.0.0/index.html#juneau-rest-server-springboot

Re: 9.0.0 progress

Posted by James Bognar <ja...@apache.org>.