Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jennifer Lai <la...@lindaspaces.com> on 2005/05/24 00:32:27 UTC

maildrop and spamassassin

Hi,
    I have installed SpamAssassin and Maildrop on local machine.  With
the help of this website,
http://www.firstpr.com.au/web-mail/Postfix-SA-Anomy-Maildrop/, I can
receive non-spam messages without any problem.
However, when it comes to spam messages, spamd detects its spam message,
but failed to deliver to a designated folder in the mailbox.

Here is snapshot of /var/log/maillog,

% spamd[20419]: identified spam(5.5./5.0) for test_user:501 in 1.3
seconds, 1838 bytes
% spamd[20419] result: Y 5 -AWL,DNS_FROM_RPC_ABUSE,DNS_FROM_RPC_POST,
DRUGS_ERECTIL,DRUG_ED_CAPS, SUBJECT_DRUG_GAP_VIA,UPPERCASE_25_50
scantime=1.3, size=1838,mid=<xx...@web50507.mail.yahoo.com>,autolearnno
% machine_name postfix/local[20779]: 4224B6D429: to=<la...@domainname>,
relay=local, delay=1429 status=deferred (temporary failure. Command
output: maildrop: unable to open mailbox.)

And, here is the content of .mailfilter file (that I modified from the
website mentioned previously)

***** begin of the file
logfile "mailfilter-log.txt"

  LMB="Maildir"

xfilter "/usr/bin/spamc -x"

                                # Watch out for header line added by
Spamassassin.
                                # Don't allow any blank lines after the
                                # if statement!
if (  /^X-Spam-Flag: YES/  )
{
  log "-------------------------------------------------------------
Spam general. "

  cc "Maildir/.SPAM"               #  Make this "cc" for copy or "to" to
not send it to Inbox.
  DELTAG=1
  to "$LMB"
}

                                # The Anomy Sanitizer stuff goes in here
when we are
                                # ready to test it too.

log "- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - No
match."

                                    # Deliver to the Inbox.
to "Maildir"

**** end of the file

I thought the message was because .SPAM folder was not created on both
server and client side, so I created one on server side, and one on
client side (Thunderbird). However, this approach didn't get rid of
error messages.
Are there any syntax errors in the .mailfilter or other things that I
overlook?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Sincerely,
Jennifer