Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Baljeet Nijjhar <Ba...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/05 13:22:52 UTC

Struts 1.3.9 validation oddity - If non-default bundle specified for 'msg', 'arg' must also define bundle attribute

Hi
I am using Struts 1.3.9 and validator_1_3_0.dtd. I have defined some message
resources in my struts-moduleX.xml as follows:

I then define a field validation for e.g. propertyX in my
validation-moduleX.xml as follows:

In this case, I place both 'label.propertyX' and 'errors.mask.propertyX' in
ApplicationResources, both are found ok, and the message displays the text
of both keys correctly.
If I place both in ModuleXResources, and define the validation without
specifying a bundle as follows:

the message also displays correctly.
If I place the arg key 'label.propertyX' in ApplicationResources and the msg
key 'errors.mask.propertyX' in ModuleXResources, and define the validation
as follows:

the message also displays correctly.
HOWEVER, if I place the arg key 'label.propertyX' in ModuleXResources and
the msg key 'errors.mask.propertyX' in ApplicationResources, and define the
validation as follows:

then I get '??label.propertyX??' in my message - i.e. label.propertyX is not
located.
Basically, it seems that if I specify a bundle attribute for the msg key,
then I must specify a bundle attribute for the arg key (even if it is a
different bundle) - it cannot find the arg key if it is left in the default
bundle.
As I would like the flexibility of choosing where to put my keys, I would
appreciate some explanation as to why this is so, or whether it is a bug.
thanks, Baljeet.
--
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/Struts-1.3.9-validation-oddity---If-non-default-bundle-specified-for-%27msg%27%2C-%27arg%27-must-also-define-bundle-attribute-tp27026593p27026593.html