Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2019/02/21 08:32:22 UTC

[Camel-K] Moving the runtime in his own repo

Hello all,

We created a new repo https://github.com/apache/camel-k-runtime

The aim of this repo is containing the runtime bits for Camel-k, so we may be able to release it as a separated entity and use it in the camel-k repository as dependency.

We'll create a submodule in the camel-k repo until we release on central the 0.2.1

We'll add a note on the README in camel-k docs.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
--
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------

Re: [Camel-K] Moving the runtime in his own repo

Posted by Dmitry Volodin <dm...@gmail.com>.
+1
it's a very good idea to split different types of the code in separate repos
--
Best regards,
Dmitry Volodin

чт, 21 февр. 2019 г. в 11:32, Andrea Cosentino

Posted by Luca Burgazzoli <lb...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 at 09:32, Andrea Cosentino
<an...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> We created a new repo https://github.com/apache/camel-k-runtime
>
> The aim of this repo is containing the runtime bits for Camel-k, so we may
> be able to release it as a separated entity and use it in the camel-k
> repository as dependency.
>
> We'll create a submodule in the camel-k repo until we release on central
> the 0.2.1
>
> We'll add a note on the README in camel-k docs.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Andrea Cosentino
> ----------------------------------
> Apache Camel PMC Chair
> Apache Karaf Committer
> Apache Servicemix PMC Member
> Email: ancosen1985@yahoo.com
> Twitter: @oscerd2
> Github: oscerd

Luca Burgazzoli

Re: [Camel-K] Moving the runtime in his own repo

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
We'll add the submodule to the camel-k repo just for time being, until we release the 0.2.1 to Central.
Then we'll remove the submodule and use the dependecies directly
--Andrea Cosentino ----------------------------------Apache Camel PMC ChairApache Karaf CommitterApache Servicemix PMC MemberEmail: ancosen1985@yahoo.comTwitter: @oscerd2Github: oscerd

    On Thursday, February 21, 2019, 10:10:21 AM GMT+1, Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Hi,

I just have a quick question for the submodule of camel-k-runtime.
If we release the camel-k-runtime separately, do we need to put the
camel-k-runtime into camel-k repo as a submodule?

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thanks eveybody.

--
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------
Apache Camel PMC Chair
Apache Karaf Committer
Apache Servicemix PMC Member
Email: ancosen1985@yahoo.com
Twitter: @oscerd2
Github: oscerd

On Thursday, February 21, 2019, 2:30:03 PM GMT+1, Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> wrote:

That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.
Here my +1.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luca Burgazzoli <lb...@gmail.com>.
It is an interim solution till we have all the bits ready so we do not
break the project

On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 at 10:10, Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just have a quick question for the submodule of camel-k-runtime.
> If we release the camel-k-runtime separately, do we need to put the
> camel-k-runtime into camel-k repo as a submodule?
>

> Willem Jiang
>
> Twitter: willemjiang
> Weibo: 姜宁willem
>
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 4:32 PM Andrea Cosentino
> <an...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > We created a new repo https://github.com/apache/camel-k-runtime
> >
> > The aim of this repo is containing the runtime bits for Camel-k, so we
> may be able to release it as a separated entity and use it in the camel-k
> repository as dependency.
> >
> > We'll create a submodule in the camel-k repo until we release on central
> the 0.2.1
> >
> > We'll add a note on the README in camel-k docs.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Thanks
> > --
> > Andrea Cosentino
> > ----------------------------------
> > Apache Camel PMC Chair
> > Apache Karaf Committer
> > Apache Servicemix PMC Member
> > Email: ancosen1985@yahoo.com
> > Twitter: @oscerd2
> > Github: oscerd

Luca Burgazzoli

Re: [Camel-K] Moving the runtime in his own repo

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Antonin Stefanutti <an...@stefanutti.fr>.
+1