Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by "Dennis, James Roy" <jr...@regenstrief.org> on 2014/04/02 02:29:11 UTC

Packaging Lucene Files into an MSI

Hello;

I have an elusive problem where hopefully, someone can provide some guidance.

For several releases, our team has been distributing set of Lucene indexes along with our application<http://loinc.org/downloads/relma>. These indexes are the basis of our search functionality. We are very pleased with the results and look to find more uses for Lucene; however, we have a particular obstacle that requires a resolution.

We distribute our application as an MSI<http://whatis.techtarget.com/fileformat/MSI-Installer-package-Microsoft-Windows> every 6 months but continuously build on a daily basis. As part of our build, it is necessary to re-build the Lucene indexes and package those files into the MSI. The problem exists when the resulting files cannot be predetermined. One day, I may get a resulting file named _01j.cfs but the next day the file name is _02e.cfs.

What is the recommended way of handling this issue without having to edit code on a daily basis to ensure that my installer projects have correct file paths?

Your assistance is appreciated!

James Dennis
Systems Engineer II
Regenstrief Institute, Inc.
Health Information and Translational Sciences Bldg. (HITS)
410 West 10th Street, Suite 2000
Indianapolis, IN 46202
317.274.9072

----

Confidentiality Notice: The contents of this message and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and/or privileged information and are intended solely for the use of the named addressee(s). Additionally, the information contained herein may have been disclosed to you from medical records with confidentiality protected by federal and state laws. Federal regulations and State laws prohibit you from making further disclosure of such information without the specific written consent of the person to whom the information pertains or as otherwise permitted by such regulations. A general authorization for the release of medical or other information is not sufficient for this purpose.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete the original message. Any retention, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.

RE: Packaging Lucene Files into an MSI

Posted by "Dennis, James Roy" <jr...@regenstrief.org>.
I have been looking at Wix but ran into an obstacle with heat. Paraffin looks like the solution I need.

I sincerely thank you!

James

Look at Paraffin and Wix. We use this to auto generate installers for web applications where contents and assets change a lot.

--
- KevM <http://about.me/kevm/>

Re: Packaging Lucene Files into an MSI

Posted by Kevin Miller <sc...@gmail.com>.