Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/12 08:02:02 UTC

YaMeter - Yet Another Load Testing Tool with more Cloud

Here's a video with a working prototype of my Amazon EC2 integration for
remote tests: https://vimeo.com/233443690

--emi

Re: YaMeter - Yet Another Load Testing Tool with more Cloud

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.
Yes, a project notion would have to be introduced. Project = test plan
+ resources + some of the .properties configs

--emi

Posted by Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra...@gmail.com>.

> >    - I suppose you're embedding a JMeter right ?
>
> Yes, of course. Which was not easy because JMeter really expects to be
> running with full control of the VM.
>
> >   - why use this old "graph results" and not more modern elements or the
> >   web report ?
>
> No particular reason, I just picked something from the Add | Listener
> popup menu.
>
> >   - Any reason to limiting it to AWS ? why not use jcloud to make it more
> >   cloud agnostic ?
>
> To me AWS is the big one. I didn't want to use jCloud because I didn't
> want to have to think about how jCloud might map their concepts on top
> of the AWS concepts and debug jCloud instead of just debugging AWS's
> own SDK. In time it might make sense to code against a single API.
>
> >   - You plan to share it on github ?
>
> In time, yes. Right now this is also a poll for load testing users' needs.

Great :-)

> Besides the cloud integration, there are some other aspects the might
> be interesting for JMeter to pursue: multi-document,

What do you mean by multi-document?

> modular
> architecture,

> out-of-the-box plugin portal.

It will be great too

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.
I've published the binaries on http://yameter.com/

--emi

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
wrote:

> >    - I suppose you're embedding a JMeter right ?
>
> Yes, of course. Which was not easy because JMeter really expects to be
> running with full control of the VM.
>
> >   - why use this old "graph results" and not more modern elements or the
> >   web report ?
>
> No particular reason, I just picked something from the Add | Listener
> popup menu.

For "marketing" purpose, I would select more recent graphs for demos :)
We must show people JMeter has evolved :)

> >   - Any reason to limiting it to AWS ? why not use jcloud to make it more
> >   cloud agnostic ?
>
> To me AWS is the big one. I didn't want to use jCloud because I didn't
> want to have to think about how jCloud might map their concepts on top
> of the AWS concepts and debug jCloud instead of just debugging AWS's
> own SDK. In time it might make sense to code against a single API.

Is it that complex to start immediately with jcloud ?
I found their API pretty easy to map , at least for ypur requirement.

> >   - You plan to share it on github ?
>
> In time, yes. Right now this is also a poll for load testing users' needs.

okay

> Besides the cloud integration, there are some other aspects the might
> be interesting for JMeter to pursue: multi-document,

+0

> modular
> architecture,

+1 provided it's backward compatible

>  out-of-the-box plugin portal.

+1000

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: YaMeter - Yet Another Load Testing Tool with more Cloud

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello Emilian,

--