Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by T E Schmitz <ma...@numerixtechnology.de> on 2005/04/06 19:17:43 UTC

PostGreSQL TIMESTAMP

Hello,
I have just stumbled across some TIMESTAMP problems - well, damn, I
hadn't thought about bloody summertime. Whoever came up with that stupid
idea?

Anyway, when reading the Postgres docs, I came across the following bit
of information:

"Prior to PostgreSQL 7.3, writing just timestamp was equivalent to
timestamp with time zone. This was changed for SQL compliance."

 From 7.3 onwards TIMESTAMP is equivalent to timestamp without time zone.

db.props maps TIMESTAMP = timestamp.

I'm just pointing this out in case you want to use one or the other
explicitly.

--

Regards/Gruß,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz