Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Kundrot, Steven" <St...@parexel.com> on 2003/04/01 21:05:43 UTC

JK2, listening on different port/address using server.xml

Strange behavior with JK2, Tomcat 4.1.12 on Linux 7.2.

I configured JK2 with the default settings.  Everything worked fine.  I
attempted to change the server.xml to use a different port than 8009.  So, I
updated the server.xml to use port 8089.  The change took.  The admin webapp
displays the changes.  I stopped and restarted tomcat.  Interestingly, the
JK2 connector still listed on port 8009.  In order to make it work, I had to
modify jk2.properties and add the line "channelSocket.port=8089".  The
jk2.properties.save file, which is generated at startup had an entry of
"port=8089".  So the jk2 connector was reading the server.xml correctly, but
it was not using the jk2.properties.save file.  In addition, the
jk2.properties.save file didn't have the line right.  If you put "port=8089"
in the jk2.properties, it doesn't work.  You need to have
"channelSocket.port=8089".  I'm having similar problems with the address
attribute.  I'd like to specify the IP address that the JK2 listener should
bind to, but the address attribute in the server.xml and in the
jk2.properties file seems to be ignored.

Steven Kundrot

The information transmitted in this communication is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
received this in error, please destroy any copies, contact the sender and
delete the material from any computer.