Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> on 2008/02/12 22:00:23 UTC

[milestone] Reminder about M5

With apologies for any lack of clarity in previous notes, here's what we
are working towards...

Feature freeze:  Friday Feb 8
Code freeze:     Friday Feb 15
Release target:  Friday Feb 22

That means that right now our focus is on bug fixing, testing, and
stabilizing the code ready for the milestone.

After Feb 15th the code is frozen, meaning we are all testing and
discussing must-fix bugs that have a serious impact on declaring the
milestone.  As usual, defining a bug as "must-fix" requires (at least)
two committers during the freeze period (of course, everyone's opinion
is encouraged).  We aim that this period is no more than a week, but we
will move the date if necessary to achieve the required quality.

Just FYI, I'll be away from the keyboard all next week as I head off to
the countryside for a break.

Regards,
Tim