Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Carlos Yaconi Hitschfeld <cy...@nectia.com> on 2004/05/03 19:03:31 UTC

Getting users and roles from external DB

Hi!
I'm implementing a portal that need to use the existent human resources DB (highly populated) to get the users and "maybe" the roles (this last thing depends on the information stored, because they don't want to re-write the user database nor the user-rol map, but if there is not enough information to map the roles, we must need to create that map).

As I saw in the documentation, all the information on this topic is Torque DB oriented, and I think isn't suitable for my requirements.

Wich could be the best strategy to manage the existing users and roles???
What class(es) should I override to implement my own "users logic"?
Must I have any other consideration about this topic??

I'm developing over jetspeed v1.5.

Thank you very much!!!

Re: Getting users and roles from external DB

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On May 3, 2004, at 10:03 AM, Carlos Yaconi Hitschfeld wrote:

> Hi!
> I'm implementing a portal that need to use the existent human
> resources DB (highly populated) to get the users and "maybe" the roles
> (this last thing depends on the information stored, because they don't
> want to re-write the user database nor the user-rol map, but if there
> is not enough information to map the roles, we must need to create
> that map).
>
> As I saw in the documentation, all the information on this topic is
> Torque DB oriented, and I think isn't suitable for my requirements.
>
> Wich could be the best strategy to manage the existing users and
> roles???
> What class(es) should I override to implement my own "users logic"?
> Must I have any other consideration about this topic??

Read this first:
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-1/security.html