Posted to users@felix.apache.org by nigamrashi <ra...@oracle.com> on 2014/06/14 00:58:04 UTC

Unknown Protocol Exception for Embedded Felix Container.

Hi,

I am starting Felix in embedded mode from within WebLogic server. I have to
set the felix.service.urlhandlers=false as we want WebLogic URL handlers to
take care of specific protocols. I am getting unknown protocol: bundle
exception. Is this a known issue and is there a way I can resolve this
exception?

I am getting following exception:tion: javax.faces.FacesException:
java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: bundle
        at
com.sun.faces.config.ConfigManager.getConfigDocuments(ConfigManager.java:661)
        at
com.sun.faces.config.ConfigManager.initialize(ConfigManager.java:323)
        at
com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener.contextInitialized(ConfigureListener.java:216)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.EventsManager$FireContextListenerAction.run(EventsManager.java:678)
        at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
        at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:120)
        at
weblogic.servlet.provider.WlsSubjectHandle.run(WlsSubjectHandle.java

Thanks,
Rashi

Re: Unknown Protocol Exception for Embedded Felix Container.

Posted by nigamrashi <ra...@oracle.com>.
Hi Karl,

More details:

The issue is seen in a application that is using WLS - Felix
Integration. Following are the details on the issue:

/When creating a WSDL, it errors: The WSDL is not semantically valid:
Failed /
/@ to read wsdl file from url due to -- java.net.MalformedURLException:
Unknown /
/@ protocol: servicebus./

Following information was seen on further digging into profiles:

/what i found, illustrated by the attached screenshot, is that the JVM
URL /
/@ handler factory has been changed by some component (something related
to /
/@ apache felix) and this factory does not know how to find the
servicebus /
/@ url hanlder implementation./
/@ ./
/@ this apache felix factory is not used in other domains and seem to
only be in /
/@ the custom Application./
/@ so there is some component (likely osgi //related) that is behaving
differently /
/@ in Custom Application and is breaking custom scheme/

The issue is happening in Sun JDK and because of this we decided to set
the url handler service to false.

Regards,
Rashi

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.