Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by claudia logan <cv...@yahoo.com> on 2008/01/31 14:06:37 UTC

Error message, plse help decipher it

Hi all,
    Have a quick question, during a recent checkout and update, the following error occured:

svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/path to repo/tags
svn: could not open the requested SVN filesystem.

The complete repository was checked out and all files were available, however, every time we try to Update, we keep getting this error.

help!

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Re: Error message, plse help decipher it

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jan 31, 2008, at 08:06, claudia logan wrote:

>     Have a quick question, during a recent checkout and update, the
> following error occured:
>
> svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/path to repo/tags
> svn: could not open the requested SVN filesystem.
>
> The complete repository was checked out and all files were
> available, however, every time we try to Update, we keep getting
> this error.

Please confirm: you can check out a working copy from this repository
right now and it works, but then immediately doing an update in that
new working copy fails with the above message? It shouldn't be,
because the message means it cannot find your repository on the
server's hard disk, but if the checkout worked, then it obviously
could find it.

You could help us more by telling us the version of Subversion on the
client and the server, the OS on the client and the server, the
repository access method, and, if you're using apache, the apache
configuration for the repository.