Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org> on 2007/10/01 05:16:57 UTC

Re: S138: TransAction Token lifetime very short?

Tokens are tied to the session. If the session disappears, so does the
ability to compare tokens. Why? A unique number (token) is generated and
stored in the session, which is then reprinted in the JSP as a hidden field.
When the form is submitted back, the hidden field is checked against the
session attribute. These must match for it to work.

Paul