Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Brian W. Young" <ir...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/27 04:46:27 UTC

quick questions on VFS

I recently discovered VFS and must say that it looks extremely useful and promising.

Is there a gold release somewhere?  I can't find it.  What version is recommended for production use?

Also, I notice that for webdav support, jdom is required.  Is there a way to have VFS use another parser (JAXP)?  I already use dom4j in the rest of my project- it would be a shame to have to bundle jdom also.

Thanks,
Brian

Re: quick questions on VFS

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi Brian!

> Is there a gold release somewhere?  I can't find it.  What version is recommended for production use?

I still didnt find the time to cut a release. So the best will be to use
the latest snapshot.
There is no dangerous development currently, so you should be safe.

> Also, I notice that for webdav support, jdom is required.  Is there a way to have VFS use another parser (JAXP)?  I already use dom4j in the rest of my project- it would be a shame to have to bundle jdom also.

webdav itself is a library VFS uses, its from the slide project. I dont
know if its possible to use another parser, sorry. Maybe ask on their
list please.

Ciao,
Mario