Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Wai Tam <bz...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/24 22:58:59 UTC

prodCatalogCategoryType: (one),(many) when assoc categories to catalog

When associating a category to a catalog, the user is presented with the
following prodCatalogCategoryType options in the dropdown box:

Admin Allow (One)
Browse Root (One)
Default Search (One)
Ebay Root (One)
Most Popular (One)
Other Search (Many)
Promotions (One)
Purchase Allow (One)
Quick Add (Many)
View Allow (One)
What's New (One)

Could someone clarify 'One' and 'Many'?

My understanding is that a 'One' indicates that of all categories associated
with the catalog, a given prodCatalogCategoryType can only be assign to one
category.

eg. Using "Browse Root (One)".  Of all categories inside the catalog, only
one category can be associated with the catalog with "Browse Root (One)" as
the prodCatalogCategoryType.

The 'Many' would indicate that of all categories associated with the
catalog.  One or more categories can have the same prodCatalogCategoryType.

Please correct my understanding where appropriate.

Thanks

Re: prodCatalogCategoryType: (one),(many) when assoc categories to catalog

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I only see a subject not the body of the post

Wai Tam sent the following on 6/25/2010 11:30 AM:

=========================
BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

Posted by Wai Tam <bz...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
means one or many per catalog.
take a look at demoproducts.xml about line 187
you will see two PCCT_QUICK_ADD for DemoCatalog

BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

Wai Tam sent the following on 6/25/2010 1:43 PM: