Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Mark A. Richman" <mr...@ispchannel.com> on 2000/11/03 01:04:04 UTC

New to SOAP

I am new to SOAP.  I have a Java class that I would like to expose via SOAP.  My question is, do I have to manually return a String containing a SOAP Envelope for every method call? Or is this automagically handled by something? Also, if any of my methods throw an Exception, how is that handled in SOAP?  What about methods that return objects (i.e. Date) as opposed to standard data types (int, float, etc.)

Thanks much,
Mark

Re: New to SOAP

Posted by Johan 'Spocke' Sörlin <sp...@paregos.se>.
Just use Tomcat or Resin and put in the administraton GUI witch deploys java classes as SOAP
services. And add the rpcrouter servlet.

Re: New to SOAP