Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Phil Knowlton <ph...@scop1.cn.ca> on 2000/02/22 16:05:26 UTC

EmbperlObject setup

I'm having problem geting EmbperlObject to function.  Maybe I didn't
configure Embperl Object right.

What I did:

- installed embperl on modperl and apache

- didn't install make test because I didn't have all the librarys

-Tested embperl with example and they seemed to work find

Added to httpd.conf:

Alias /foo/ /home/philk/public_html/foo/

<Location /foo>
    PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE base.html
    PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_FILESMATCH "\.htm.?|\.epl$"
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler HTML::EmbperlObject
    Options ExecCGI
</Location>

SetEnv EMBPERL_DEBUG 2285

<Files *.epl>
    SetHandler  perl-script
    PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
    Options     ExecCGI
</files>

AddType text/html .epl

Pages and locations

/home/philk/public_html/foo/base.html
             <head>
             <title>Example</title>
             </head>
             [- Execute ('head.html') -]
             [- Execute ('*') -]
             [- Execute ('foot.html') -]

/home/philk/public_html/foo/foot.html
<hr> Footer <hr>

/home/philk/public_html/foo/head.html
<h1>head from foo</h1>

/home/philk/public_html/foo/page1.html
 PAGE 1

/home/philk/public_html/foo/sub/head.html
<h1>another head from sub</h1>

/home/philk/public_html/foo/sub/index.html
Index of /foo/sub

/home/philk/public_html/foo/sub/page2.html
 PAGE 2

After I restarted apache
Is there any extra configuration I missed

RE: EmbperlObject setup

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> I'm having problem geting EmbperlObject to function.  Maybe I didn't
> configure Embperl Object right.
>
> What I did:
>
> - installed embperl on modperl and apache
>
> - didn't install make test because I didn't have all the librarys
>
> -Tested embperl with example and they seemed to work find
>
> Added to httpd.conf:
>
> Alias /foo/ /home/philk/public_html/foo/
>
> <Location /foo>
>     PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE base.html
>     PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_FILESMATCH "\.htm.?|\.epl$"
>     SetHandler perl-script
>     PerlHandler HTML::EmbperlObject
>     Options ExecCGI
> </Location>
>
> SetEnv EMBPERL_DEBUG 2285
>
> <Files *.epl>
>     SetHandler  perl-script
>     PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
>     Options     ExecCGI
> </files>
>
> AddType text/html .epl

The configuration seems to be ok now. How do you request the pages?

A request to

http://localhost/foo/page1.html

for example should give you the correct output

Gerald

P.S. If you still can't get it to run, edit the file EmbperlObject.pm. There
are some "warn" which are comment out, delete the # at the start of the line
and watch the httpd.error.log. Do you get any messages there? If yes, send
them to me.

E-Mail:     richter@ecos.de         Voice:    +49 6133 925151