Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Johann Ungerer <Jo...@pyrogenesis.co.za> on 2008/02/25 22:06:50 UTC

JBoss Messaging Stomp Configuration

Hi All,

I'm totally new to the entire JMS environment, but am trying to connect a .NET Client to a JBOSS Messaging implementation. Thus far I've tried with the NMS client, using an OpenWire connector, but I figure this will never work.

It's been recommended that I use a STOMP connector, but can't quite get either my JBOSS Server configured to listen on STOMP, or get STOMP to talk to the JBOSS.

Has anyone tried to make a C# client talk to JBOSS and if so, please provide some guidance on what I need to do in order to achieve this.

TIA,
j/

Re: JBoss Messaging Stomp Configuration

Posted by Gregory Mostizky <gr...@gmail.com>.
See this issue at JBoss Jira
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBMESSAGING-1384 JBMESSAGING-1384  for a
solution that allows running StompConnect as JBoss Service. It allows
running StompConnect as JBoss Service in the same JVM. It worked for me with
JBoss 5.0.1 - not sure if other versions work too.

To use it, just download and unzip the attached file, set your jboss home in
the build.properties and then run the build with ant. After you done that,
find stompservice.sar in the <server-config>/deploy/ directory and put
stompconnect.jar from the zip (not from the codehaus site) inside it at top
level. Then restart your JBoss and voila - StompConnect run automatically as
service inside JBoss JVM.

Re: JBoss Messaging Stomp Configuration

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Great stuff! I've added this page to the STOMP wiki
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/STOMP/StompConnect+with+JBoss

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

RE: JBoss Messaging Stomp Configuration

Posted by Jai_aXIS <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,
I am new to JMS .
      I am uisng Jboss-5.0.0GA which has  Java Messaging 1.4.1. GA . In the
JBoss I have created a new connection factory .
Then from  a stand alone program I try to get connection factory from jboss
and succeeded , but when i try to get connection from the connection factory
I get the error below :

2009 Jun 15 17:18:56 [main] ERROR
org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.SocketClientInvoker  - Got marshalling
exception, exiting
java.io.IOException:
EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap$Segment
	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeArray(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteFields(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteObject(Unknown Source)
	at
EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.writeObject(ConcurrentHashMap.java:1170)
	at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.invokeWriteObject(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteFields(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(Unknown Source)
	at
org.jboss.jms.wireformat.SerializedPacket.write(SerializedPacket.java:80)
	at org.jboss.jms.wireformat.JMSWireFormat.write(JMSWireFormat.java:237)
	at
org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.MicroSocketClientInvoker.versionedWrite(MicroSocketClientInvoker.java:956)
	at
org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.MicroSocketClientInvoker.transport(MicroSocketClientInvoker.java:552)
	at
org.jboss.remoting.transport.bisocket.BisocketClientInvoker.transport(BisocketClientInvoker.java:269)
	at
org.jboss.remoting.MicroRemoteClientInvoker.invoke(MicroRemoteClientInvoker.java:122)
	at org.jboss.remoting.LeasePinger.sendClientPing(LeasePinger.java:283)
	at org.jboss.remoting.LeasePinger.addClient(LeasePinger.java:117)
	at
org.jboss.remoting.MicroRemoteClientInvoker.establishLease(MicroRemoteClientInvoker.java:398)
	at org.jboss.remoting.Client.setupClientLease(Client.java:1504)
	at org.jboss.remoting.Client.connect(Client.java:1404)
	at org.jboss.remoting.Client.connect(Client.java:441)
	at
org.jboss.jms.client.remoting.JMSRemotingConnection$1.run(JMSRemotingConnection.java:319)
	at
org.jboss.jms.client.remoting.JMSRemotingConnection.start(JMSRemotingConnection.java:315)
	at
org.jboss.jms.client.delegate.ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate.org$jboss$jms$client$delegate$ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate$createConnectionDelegate$aop(ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate.java:154)
	at
org.jboss.jms.client.delegate.ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate$createConnectionDelegate_N3019492359065420858.invokeNext(ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate$createConnectionDelegate_N3019492359065420858.java)
	at
org.jboss.jms.client.container.StateCreationAspect.handleCreateConnectionDelegate(StateCreationAspect.java:83)
	at
org.jboss.aop.advice.org.jboss.jms.client.container.StateCreationAspect0.invoke(StateCreationAspect0.java)
	at
org.jboss.jms.client.delegate.ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate$createConnectionDelegate_N3019492359065420858.invokeNext(ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate$createConnectionDelegate_N3019492359065420858.java)
	at
org.jboss.jms.client.delegate.ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate.createConnectionDelegate(ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate.java)
	at
org.jboss.jms.client.JBossConnectionFactory.createConnectionInternal(JBossConnectionFactory.java:205)
	at
org.jboss.jms.client.JBossConnectionFactory.createConnection(JBossConnectionFactory.java:87)
	at
org.jboss.jms.client.JBossConnectionFactory.createConnection(JBossConnectionFactory.java:82)
	at com.jms.test.SimpleTestClient.main(SimpleTestClient.java:22)
2009 Jun 15 17:18:56 [main] WARN  org.jboss.remoting.LeasePinger  -
LeasePinger[SocketClientInvoker[1c80b01,
bisocket://127.0.0.1:4457](aaw19-i6j7nu-fvyz3zgo-1-fvyz3zse-6)] failed to
ping to server: Failed to communicate.  Problem during
marshalling/unmarshalling; nested exception is:
	java.io.IOException:
EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap$Segment
2009 Jun 15 17:19:06 [Timer-0] ERROR
[...]
	at org.jboss.remoting.LeasePinger.access$100(LeasePinger.java:20)
	at org.jboss.remoting.LeasePinger$LeaseTimerTask.run(LeasePinger.java:300)
	at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
2009 Jun 15 17:19:06 [Timer-0] WARN  org.jboss.remoting.LeasePinger  -
LeasePinger[SocketClientInvoker[1c80b01,
bisocket://127.0.0.1:4457](aaw19-i6j7nu-fvyz3zgo-1-fvyz3zse-6)] failed to
ping to server: Failed to communicate.  Problem during
marshalling/unmarshalling; nested exception is:
	java.io.IOException:
EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap$Segment
org.jboss.jms.exception.MessagingNetworkFailureException
	at
org.jboss.jms.client.delegate.DelegateSupport.handleThrowable(DelegateSupport.java:245)
	at
org.jboss.jms.client.delegate.ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate.org$jboss$jms$client$delegate$ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate$createConnectionDelegate$aop(ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate.java:187)
[...]
Caused by: org.jboss.remoting.ConnectionFailedException: Timed out trying to
create control socket
	at
org.jboss.remoting.transport.bisocket.BisocketClientInvoker.handleConnect(BisocketClientInvoker.java:273)
	at
org.jboss.remoting.MicroRemoteClientInvoker.connect(MicroRemoteClientInvoker.java:294)
	at org.jboss.remoting.Client.connect(Client.java:1596)
	at org.jboss.remoting.Client.connect(Client.java:498)
	at
org.jboss.remoting.callback.ServerInvokerCallbackHandler.connect(ServerInvokerCallbackHandler.java:166)
	at
org.jboss.remoting.ServerInvoker.getCallbackHandler(ServerInvoker.java:2047)
	at
org.jboss.remoting.ServerInvoker.handleInternalInvocation(ServerInvoker.java:1663)
	at
org.jboss.remoting.transport.bisocket.BisocketServerInvoker.handleInternalInvocation(BisocketServerInvoker.java:863)
	at org.jboss.remoting.ServerInvoker.invoke(ServerInvoker.java:895)
	at
org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.completeInvocation(ServerThread.java:742)
	at
org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.processInvocation(ServerThread.java:695)
	at
org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.dorun(ServerThread.java:549)
	at
org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.run(ServerThread.java:230)
	at
org.jboss.remoting.MicroRemoteClientInvoker.invoke(MicroRemoteClientInvoker.java:163)
	at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:1513)
	at org.jboss.remoting.Client.addCallbackListener(Client.java:1582)
	at org.jboss.remoting.Client.addListener(Client.java:885)
	at
org.jboss.jms.client.remoting.JMSRemotingConnection.addInvokerCallbackHandler(JMSRemotingConnection.java:230)
	at
org.jboss.jms.client.remoting.JMSRemotingConnection.start(JMSRemotingConnection.java:340)
	at
org.jboss.jms.client.delegate.ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate.org$jboss$jms$client$delegate$ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate$createConnectionDelegate$aop(ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate.java:154)
	... 9 more

Kindly help me to solve the issue shortly .

Thanks in Advance .

Regards
Jai

Re: Newby question on message routing

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 26/02/2008, jimmy Zhang <cr...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi, all, I have just recently joined the list and wonder if
>  someone can explain to me how FUSE routes XML messages
>  in its current implementation... Is it DOM/XPath based or
>  is it SAX/PULL based?

For FUSE related questions you should use the FUSE forums; these
forums are for the Apache distros...
http://open.iona.com/forums/index.jspa

When routing XML messages using Camel
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/

you can use various expression languages like XPath or XQuery to do
routing but its easy to add your own expression mechanism (you can use
any Java code to evaluate an expression); when using XPath by default
we use JAXP under the covers to evaluate XPath expressions.

If you use Artix Data Services for your XML payloads then it uses fast
in memory objects...
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/artix-data-services.html

We've a pending JIRA for SXC support which might help for more high
performance XML based routers using a more pull mechanism - but that
only supports a subset of XPath.
http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-326

> What is the performance number etc?

We've no specific performance tests; it kinda depends what your XML
looks like and what kinds routes you're doing.

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Newby question on message routing

Posted by jimmy Zhang <cr...@comcast.net>.
Hi, all, I have just recently joined the list and wonder if
someone can explain to me how FUSE routes XML messages
in its current implementation... Is it DOM/XPath based or
is it SAX/PULL based? What is the performance number etc?

I appreciate any suggestions on this...
thanks,
Jimmy Zhang

Re: JBoss Messaging Stomp Configuration

Posted by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi Johann,

Posted by Johann Ungerer <Jo...@pyrogenesis.co.za>.
Hi Jim,

Posted by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi Johann,

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
BTW StompConnect is not a connection factory - is a Java bean that
uses a ConnectionFactory and has a start() method that must be called.

So we're talking about running this Java code...

StompConnect connector = new StompConnect(connectionFactory);
connector.start();

Feel free to wrap it up as an MBean if you wanna configure it in JBoss
MBean XML if you like.

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: JBoss Messaging Stomp Configuration

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 26/02/2008, Johann Ungerer <Jo...@pyrogenesis.co.za> wrote:
> And that's exactly where I lose coherence. I'm not going to be writing any Java code here, so want to do it all via config.

Unfortunately right now you have to write Java code. There's no JBoss
specific configuration yet for StompConnect.

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

RE: JBoss Messaging Stomp Configuration

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: JBoss Messaging Stomp Configuration

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

RE: JBoss Messaging Stomp Configuration

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Johann Ungerer <Jo...@pyrogenesis.co.za>.
Hi James,

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

On 25 Feb 2008, at 21:06, Johann Ungerer wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm totally new to the entire JMS environment, but am trying to
> connect a .NET Client to a JBOSS Messaging implementation. Thus far
> I've tried with the NMS client, using an OpenWire connector, but I
> figure this will never work.
>
> It's been recommended that I use a STOMP connector, but can't quite
> get either my JBOSS Server configured to listen on STOMP, or get
> STOMP to talk to the JBOSS.
>
> Has anyone tried to make a C# client talk to JBOSS and if so, please
> provide some guidance on what I need to do in order to achieve this.
>
> TIA,
> j/

ActiveMQ is both client and sever side implementation  - JBoss
messaging doesn't use openwire - or know about STOMP. So either:

use ActiveMQ with the NMS client  - and use ActiveMQ instead of JBoss
messaging (best option ;)

or

use STOMP with Stomp Connect - configure that to bridge to JBoss
messaging

or

use ActiveMQ with stomp client and bridge to JBoss messaging

or

use NMS client with ActiveMQ and connect to JBoss messaging

cheers,

Rob

Re: JBoss Messaging Stomp Configuration

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.