Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Durham David R Jr Contr 805 CSPTS/SCE <Da...@scott.af.mil> on 2005/03/31 21:58:12 UTC

empty ear's from ear:ear

Forgive my lack of knowledge on what is probably a very simple problem.

I've got a project with the following directory structure:

/projectRoot
	/resources
		*.jsp
	/src
		/packages/*.java
	/tests/
	/WEB-INF/*.xml
	maven.xml
	project.properties
	project.xml

This seems like a decent directory structure.

What are the minimum properties/configurations that I need so that
ear:ear will build a functional ear file.

Right now I've got this in project.properties:

	maven.src.dir=${basedir}

	maven.war.classes.dir=${maven.war.webapp.dir}/WEB-INF/classes
	maven.war.src=${maven.src.dir}/resources

	maven.ear.appxml.version=1.4
	maven.final.name=projectName-spring-prototype

In project.xml I have some dependencies with the war.bundle property set
to true.  maven.xml is basically empty.

When I run ear:ear I get an ear that only contains non .java files from
the 'src' directory.

I'm thinking that maybe I need to do a pregoal that does a war:war and
then perhaps add a <dependency> with ear.bundle set to true, but I'm not
sure exactly how to do that.  If that's a good way to do it, does anyone
have an example config for this.  Otherwise, maybe there is someother
way to do what I need?

Thanks,

Dave