Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de> on 2011/06/20 19:33:41 UTC

HowTo for editing the website

Hi all,

after I got stuck on editing the website and Rob gave a hint, I've now
created a little HowTo:

http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/docs/edit-cms.html

If you find typos and things that need to be added/changed, please go ahead.

Marcus

Re: HowTo for editing the website

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ap...@robweir.com>.
I sidenav.mdtext we specify links like this:

- [Get Involved](get-involved.html)
- [Mailing Lists](mailing-lists.html)
- [People](people.html)

We could make those be absolute URL's like:

- [Get Involved](http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/get-involved.html)
- [People](http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/people.html)

But that then makes the entire site rather fragile.

Is there any better way to do this?  The fact that we have mdtest
linking to HTML rather than mdtext also seems like implementation
details are creeping into the markup.  What if one day we want to
generate ODF or PDF directly from the markdown?

-Rob

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Arthur Buijs <ar...@artietee.nl>.
Hello Marcus,

the menu at the left doesn't seem to work on your howto page.

--
Arthur