Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by steveg <st...@stevegcentral.com> on 2002/07/09 20:11:06 UTC

Problem with latest update from RH with POST

Hey everyone,

After installing the latest RPM for the chunked problem I discovered that
my php scripts stopped working, well at least the post method is
failing...
scripts are still sending the proper requests but the variables do not
make it. basically if I have a form statement using the post method the
variable never makes it to the next script. I have search high and low for
a solution but found nothing about this.

Any ideas on what could be going on ??
My next step is to flat out recompile and get ride of all this rpm stuff
but I can't even use the latest httpd.conf that came with the RPM, even
after editing it httpd won't restart (says something is already bound to
port 80 but netstat and lsof find nothing ..)

Any help greatly appreciated.

Re: Problem with latest update from RH with POST

Posted by steveg <st...@stevegcentral.com>.

well since I found the solution (no matter how stupid !) I thought I would
share it.
There was indeed nothing running on port 80 the server was split between 2
versions of httpd and configurations (/usr/local /newinstall/spot etc...).
As for the post it was not apache related but simply php 4.2.x doesn't
allow global registration of variables ... silly really.

Sorry for the bit-off-topic intrusion, but to all who email me to help.

Posted by ap...@dinoneil.com.