Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Bradley Barber <bb...@phemi.com> on 2019/10/16 19:12:10 UTC

Minimum NiFi Hardware Requirements

Hi all,

I have a client who wants to deploy several instances of NiFi, each within
its own VM, to ingest data from primary sources before sending the data to
a common location where a large, clustered NiFi instance can ingest the
data into their database. These primary sources aren't expected to produce
much data, only ~1G/day at the most, though initially a few are expected to
have ~10G of initial data. They would like to minimize the VM resources for
each NiFi instance as much as possible and are asking for support in
determining the lower limits. I'm hoping the community can lend some
info/experience on how few resources NiFi can be run with while expecting a
high level of dependability. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Bradley

Re: Minimum NiFi Hardware Requirements

Posted by Pierre Villard <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bradley,

I'd say that, in addition to how much data you're going to ingest, it also
depends of what kind of processing you're going to do on the data before
sending it to the NiFi cluster.

Pierre