Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Trasca Virgil <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2007/12/20 06:39:45 UTC

Maven2 strange issue

Hi,

   I have a new build with maven2 which used to work correctly and quick. But today when I did the sample compile which worked so many times maven2 started to go to repositories and download all kind of dependencies which I never heard about and stayed so much time that I got bored waiting.

What is different from when it was working correctly is that I added build.xml near pom.xml(as I want also ant build) , I added a dist folder(for the output of ant) and I added a lib folder( for keeping jar dependencies needed by ant). But I don't see why this should change maven2 behavior.

new maven2 build took 24 minutes and a lot ofs strange downloads but used to take only 8 seconds!!!!!!.

I am doing something wrong?

Thank you,
Virgil

Re: Maven2 strange issue

Posted by Francois Fernandes <f....@gmx.net>.
Hi Trasca,

is it possible that maven was searching for plugin updates? By policy
this is done after a certain interval. AFAIK maven checks every week
for updates.

Cheers
Francois

am Donnerstag, 20. Dezember 2007 um 06:39 schrieben Sie: