Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Gabor Szadovszky <ga...@cloudera.com> on 2018/05/04 12:12:21 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Parquet MR 1.8.3 RC0

Hi everyone,

Zoltan and I propose the following RC to be released as official Apache Parquet MR 1.8.3 release.

The commit id is aef7230e114214b7cc962a8f3fc5aeed6ce80828
* This corresponds to the tag: apache-parquet-1.8.3
* https://github.com/apache/parquet-mr/tree/aef7230e114214b7cc962a8f3fc5aeed6ce80828 <https://github.com/apache/parquet-mr/tree/aef7230e114214b7cc962a8f3fc5aeed6ce80828>

The release tarball, signature, and checksums are here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/parquet/apache-parquet-1.8.3-rc0/ <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/parquet/apache-parquet-1.8.3-rc0/>

You can find the KEYS file here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/parquet/KEYS <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/parquet/KEYS>

Binary artifacts are staged in Nexus here:
* https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/parquet/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/parquet/>

This is a maintenance release created mainly for Spark containing 2 bug fixes related to the statistics handling.
See https://github.com/apache/parquet-mr/blob/aef7230e114214b7cc962a8f3fc5aeed6ce80828/CHANGES.md <https://github.com/apache/parquet-mr/blob/aef7230e114214b7cc962a8f3fc5aeed6ce80828/CHANGES.md> for details.

Please download, verify, and test.

[ ] +1 Release this as Apache Parquet MR 1.8.3
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release this because…

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Parquet MR 1.8.3 RC0

Posted by Gabor Szadovszky <ga...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Everyone,

With 3 binding +1 and 1 non-binding +1 votes this vote PASSES.
Thanks all for voting. We’ll release the artifacts and send the announcement.

Regards,
Gabor

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Parquet MR 1.8.3 RC0

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.
That's expected. We can easily change the policy for source releases, but
maven artifacts are difficult to migrate. Since those are convenience
binaries we don't worry about them as much.

Posted by Zoltan Ivanfi <zi...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Gabor Szadovszky <ga...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Everyone,

Posted by Henry Robinson <he...@apache.org>.