Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2009/09/10 08:22:07 UTC

Re: the RAT report for license assessment

David Crossley wrote:
> Hi Gavin,
>
> I see that you are running RAT over the Forrest SVN:
> http://ci.apache.org/projects/forrest/rat-report.txt
>
> It reports many false hits. Its "exclude" file
> probably needs some more entries.

This RAT report is mis-representing the state of Forrest.

Sure it is great to have an independent assessment, but ...

Perhaps its "exclude" list could be in the Forrest SVN,
so that other Forrest committers could maintain it.

-David

Posted by Gavin <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Sorry, I will look at updating it tomorrow.

> Perhaps its "exclude" list could be in the Forrest SVN,
> so that other Forrest committers could maintain it.

Good idea, let me think where to put it. Ideally a dir on its
own (or a small dir) that buildbot can watch for commits to it then
it can update the config automatically.

Gav...