Posted to announce@apache.org by Vitalii Diravka <vi...@apache.org> on 2018/12/31 13:47:11 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Drill 1.15.0 released

On behalf of the Apache Drill community, I am happy to announce the release
of Apache Drill 1.15.0.

Drill is an Apache open-source SQL query engine for Big Data exploration.
Drill is designed from the ground up to support high-performance analysis
on the semi-structured and rapidly evolving data coming from modern Big
Data applications, while still providing the familiarity and ecosystem of
ANSI SQL, the industry-standard query language. Drill provides
plug-and-play integration with existing Apache Hive and Apache HBase
deployments.

For information about Apache Drill, and to get involved, visit the project
website [1].

With over 200 commits this release of Drill provides the following new
features and improvements [2]:
- SQLLine upgrade to 1.6 (DRILL-3853)
- Index support (DRILL-6381)
- Ability to create custom ACLs to secure znodes (DRILL-5671)
- INFORMATION_SCHEMA FILES table (DRILL-6680)
- System functions table (DRILL-3988)

For the full list please see release notes [3].

The binary and source artifacts are available here [4].

Thanks to everyone in the community who contributed to this release!
Congratulations on another Drill release!
Have a Happy New Year!!!

1. https://drill.apache.org/
2. https://drill.apache.org/blog/2018/12/31/drill-1.15-released/
3. https://drill.apache.org/docs/apache-drill-1-15-0-release-notes/
4. https://drill.apache.org/download/

Kind regards
Vitalii

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Drill 1.15.0 released

Posted by Abhishek Girish <ag...@apache.org>.
Congratulations everyone, on yet another great release!

And Happy New Year 🎊

Posted by Abhishek Girish <ag...@apache.org>.