Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ben Tatham <be...@nanometrics.ca> on 2011/01/28 15:03:29 UTC

Maven3 and artifact resolution in maven-inherit-plugin

I am trying to use the org.ops4j:maven-inherit-plugin:1.1, which has always
worked great for me in Maven2.

But now I am using Maven3, and I get this error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.ops4j:maven-inherit-plugin:1.1:inherit
(default) on project helios-product-package-plugin: assembly plugin is not a
dependency -> [Help 1]

Switching back to Maven 2.2.1 makes the error go away.

I debugged and stepped through the plugin and determined that the issue is
that Maven3 has not yet resolved the file to the Artifact, even though the
plugin does specify @requiresDependencyResolution compile.
(I have created a patch to the plugin itself to do to the resolve using
ArtifactRepository (local.repository), ArtifactFactory, and
 ArtifactResolver)

Basically, what the plugin is trying to do is check for any dependency with
the type maven-plugin, which it does find, but then checks that the
Artifact.getFile() is not null.  My fix of forcing the resolve of it

Has anyone else run into this issue with this or other plugins?  Is there
another workaround in Maven3 itself?  Is this a known regression?

-Ben

Cross-posted to the general@lists.ops4j.org (the list for, among other
things, maven-inherit-plugin)

--