Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com> on 2007/06/26 23:08:34 UTC

Gliffy?

In case you've never heard of it (I certainly hadn't), Gliffy is a
Visio-like program that does everything through a Web site.  I played
with it briefly and it seemed quite good, which surprised me because I
hate most Web apps like this.  Anyway, it can handle UML and ER
diagrams, which is something Cayenne uses and could probably even use
more of.  The reason I mention all this though, is that they have a
plugin for Confluence, so you can do collaborative diagramming right in
a regular documentation page.  It is commercial, but they offer free
licenses for OSS.

Is there any interest in getting an OSS license for the Gliffy plugin
for Confluence?  I think it could lower one of the documentation hurdles
a fair bit.

Kevin Menard
Servprise International, Inc.
800.832.3823 x308

Re: Gliffy?

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
On 28/06/2007, at 12:15 AM, Kevin Menard wrote:

> Out of curiosity then, why did you do the inheritance diagrams in
> OmniGraffle?  Just a case of familiarity?

Yeah. Didn't even think of gliffy when I did them - it is pretty
second nature to me to just launch Omnigraffle. Plus it produces such
nice looking diagrams. To be honest I didn't go past the 'create new
diagram' screen in gliffy when I stumbled across it a few months back.

Ari

-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis
phone +61 2 9660 9700
PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2  A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8

RE: Gliffy?

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
Cool.  I must have missed that.

--