Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by nityanand sharma <nn...@yahoo.co.in> on 2014/03/22 12:45:55 UTC

उत्तर दें: उत्तर दें: problem installing openoffice 4.1 beta

fresh install solves the problem. But I see that hindi fonts in AOO look faint and weak compared to LO. see the attached screenshot. is this because of beta version ? or something with AOO itself?

वन्दे मातरम्
नित्यानंद

NaMo Anthemएक भारत श्रेष्ठ भारत
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e9r4b_uRFw

शनिवार, 22 मार्च, 2014 6:52 PM को, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> ने लिखा:

nityanand sharma wrote:
> it does not say any error. but does not get install either. Because I
> can't locate it using command "locate openoffice", "locate
> openoffice4" and various Permutation&Combinations

Remember that you need to run "sudo updatedb" for locate to see the
latest filesystem changes.

OpenOffice will install in /opt by default. And you should be able to
run the executable (in the case of 4.1.0 beta) as

/opt/openoffice_beta4/program/soffice

or something similar to that (details may vary).

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: उत्तर दें: उत्तर दें: problem installing openoffice 4.1 beta

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 3/22/14 12:45 PM, nityanand sharma wrote:
> fresh install solves the problem. But I see that hindi fonts in AOO look
> faint and weak compared to LO. see the attached screenshot. is this
> because of beta version ? or something with AOO itself?

probably no issue between beta and final and something we should check.
But we need more information and maybe a test document using the
problematic fonts...

Juergen