Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pablo Carretero Sánchez <pc...@cygnux.com> on 2004/09/14 14:24:03 UTC

pageContext.getSession()

Hi all,

I'm migrating an application from Weblogic 5.1 to Tomcat 5. can I use
pageContext.getSession() in tomHi all,

I'm migrating an application from Weblogic 5.1 to Tomcat 5. can I use
pageContext.getSession() in tomcat 5??cat 5??

I'm using it and the Session returned is null-

Best regards

--
______________________________________
Pablo Carretero Sánchez

Arquitecto de Software
Pintor Velazquez nº 3 Esc Izq 7º B
28932 &#8211; Móstoles (Madrid)
Movil: +34 699929150
pcarretero@cygnux.com

Re: pageContext.getSession()

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
Sure you can use it. If there is no session - then null is returned. The
equiv of: request.getSession(false).

My guess is weblogic is creating a session when pageContext.getSession() is
called.

-Tim

Re: pageContext.getSession()

Posted by QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>.
On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 02:24:03PM +0200, Pablo Carretero S?nchez wrote:
: I'm migrating an application from Weblogic 5.1 to Tomcat 5. can I use
: pageContext.getSession() in tomcat 5??cat 5??

Isn't this call in the servlet spec? ;)
Yes, it should work.  What's the relevant code?  I'd suspect you're
calling this from a JSP?

Are you certain a session has even been setup when this JSP is called?

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com