Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2016/12/10 17:55:13 UTC

JavaFX and Boutique

I just committed my first experiment with JavaFX and Bootique [1]. It enables injection into JavaFX controllers [2] and gives access to DI from the Application class. The implementation is a bit invasive (requires framework superclass of Application), as we can't easily take over the startup sequence, but otherwise works fine. At least in my simple example :)

My total exposure to JavaFX is a total of 2 hours, so I am pretty sure I overlooked other useful things we can do between Bootique and JavaFX. But that's a start. This code will likely become the future bootique-javafx module.

Mike, were we able to get a new Git repo for the JavaFX modeler?

Andrus

[1] https://github.com/andrus/jfxsandbox
[2] https://github.com/andrus/jfxsandbox/blob/master/src/main/java/com/foo/RootController.java

Re: JavaFX and Boutique

Posted by buddha <jy...@gmail.com>.
Cool… thanks.

On 24/12/16, 3:38 PM, "Aristedes Maniatis" <ar...@maniatis.org> wrote:

    Sure, it would be more elegant to call the Cayenne API directly rather than through ant.

    I added some instructions to the plugin to show how it might be called. I think several things are needed to make this really nice:

    1. call the Cayenne API directly without ant
    2. clean the whole thing up (it was written in 2012) to ensure it maps to modern gradle practices
    3. publish it to the gradle plugin repo
    4. add any more features people might want
    5. Remove the dependency on a specific version of Cayenne and allow the user to define that in their gradle build somewhere

    Ari

    --
    -------------------------->
    Aristedes Maniatis

Re: JavaFX and Boutique

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.

Re: Gradle plugin

Posted by Nikita Timofeev <nt...@objectstyle.com>.
Hello Buddha,

Thank you for update!
We'll go with a clean start then.

--
Best regards,
Nikita Timofeev

Re: Gradle plugin

Posted by buddha <jy...@gmail.com>.
Hello Nikita,

Re: Gradle plugin

Posted by Nikita Timofeev <nt...@objectstyle.com>.
Hi all,

Re: Gradle plugin

Posted by buddha <jy...@gmail.com>.

Gradle plugin

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: JavaFX and Boutique

Posted by buddha <jy...@gmail.com>.
Ari, they are useful…

    --
    -------------------------->
    Aristedes Maniatis

Re: JavaFX and Boutique

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.

--
-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis

Re: JavaFX and Boutique

Posted by Rohit Vaidya <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrus,

wrote:

> [...]
> >> and Maven [2]. The Gradle option currently is to call the Ant tasks.
> We'd
> >> like to provide "Gradle-native" plugins instead. There are a few options
> >> for writing those. We lean towards using Java (to isolate us from the
> whole
> >> Groovy vs. Kotlin thing going on in the Gradle world).
> >>
> >>    Other tasks from my list [1] are #6 and #7. They are isolated and
> >> mostly well-defined, though will require a bit more discussion and
> delving
> >> into Cayenne runtime stack.
> >>
> >>    So what do you think?
> >>
> >>    Andrus
> >>

> >>    [1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/
> >> b69fa0eb0457507d5720103a9627252c696b2faec0b71db52762a7c7@%
> >> 3Cdev.cayenne.apache.org%3E
> >>    [2] http://cayenne.apache.org/docs/4.0/cayenne-guide/
> >> including-cayenne-in-project.html#maven-projects

Rohit Vaidya

Re: JavaFX and Boutique

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Hi Rohit,