Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by zystem <za...@mail.ru> on 2015/10/05 14:47:12 UTC

ActiveMQ and Replicated LevelDB Store

I have standard 3 node ActiveMQ cluster.
I monitor it via JMX. And this is what I see:
Master:
StoreLimit=8589934592
StorePercentUsage=2
TempLimit=5368709120
TempPercentUsage=3
Slave1:
StoreLimit=8589934592
StorePercentUsage=93
TempLimit=5368709120
TempPercentUsage=146
Slave2:
StoreLimit=8589934592
StorePercentUsage=7
TempLimit=5368709120
TempPercentUsage=0

Actual filesystem state is:
Master:
du -hs /var/activemq/data/
 266M   /var/activemq/data
Slave1:
du -hs /var/activemq/data/
 124M   /var/activemq/data
Slave2:
du -hs /var/activemq/data/
 119M   /var/activemq/data

So question is what means
StorePercentUsage=93
TempPercentUsage=146
then used Replicated LevelDB Store

Or in another words why Replicated LevelDB Store ignores this settings
StoreLimit=8589934592
TempLimit=5368709120

Re: ActiveMQ and Replicated LevelDB Store

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Kevin Burton, this is the LevelDB post I was referring to.

Posted by EugeneL <uo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I am a colleague of topic starter.
The question is: What to do if these values below are growing on Replicas:
StorePercentUsage=93
TempPercentUsage=146

Actually other things you mentioned are also interesting:
- Why StoreUsage for the three brokers seems unrelated to disk usage?
- Why three brokers in a LevelDB cluster have vastly different
StorePercentUsage values?

Are there any best practices on managing and monitoring ActiveMQ?

Re: ActiveMQ and Replicated LevelDB Store

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
What's the question here?  Why temp usage exceeds TempLimit?  Why
StoreUsage for the three brokers seems unrelated to disk usage?  Why three
brokers in a LevelDB cluster have vastly different StorePercentUsage
values?  Something else?

Do you have Producer Flow Control (
http://activemq.apache.org/producer-flow-control.html) enabled?

Tim