Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Robert Simpson <RS...@Verizon.net> on 2003/02/09 20:22:15 UTC

Re: [DISCUSSION] PROPOSAL for Jakarta Locale or Commons Locale

Thanks for steering me in the right direction.  Being relatively new to the Apache stuff, I wasn't quite sure of the approach to take, so the proposal was a combination of what I found at http://jakarta.apache.org/site/newproject.html and an existing proposal, which now looks like it had come from the URL you referenced (sorry, I had missed that one).  And therefore it's probably not ready for a binding vote yet.

One point of discussion is whether the "Internationalization" stuff belongs as a Jakarta subproject, or as a Commons component (or neither, in which case it simply disappears).  Any suggestions on how that determination might be made would  be helpful.

Thanks again.
Robert Simpson