Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by Sihem <st...@yahoo.fr> on 2007/11/19 13:38:40 UTC

RE : Re: RE : Re: MalformedInputException

Synapse is running on port 8008
The web service is deployed on Apache Tomcat 6.0.14 on port 8080
The JSP client is deployed   on Apache Tomcat 6.0.14 on port 8080

----->>>>>BEGINNING OF THE ORIGINAL WSDL:
<!-- Generated by JAX-WS RI at http://jax-ws.dev.java.net. RI's version is JAX-WS RI 2.1.2-b05-RC1. -->
<definitions targetNamespace="http://calculator.me.org/" name="CalculatorWSService" xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/" xmlns:tns="http://calculator.me.org/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/">
  <types>
    <xsd:schema>
      <xsd:import namespace="http://calculator.me.org/" schemaLocation="CalculatorWSService_schema1.xsd"/>
    </xsd:schema>
  </types>
  <message name="multiply">
    <part name="parameters" element="tns:multiply"/>
  </message>
  <message name="multiplyResponse">
    <part name="parameters" element="tns:multiplyResponse"/>
  </message>
  <portType name="CalculatorWS">
    <operation name="multiply">
      <input message="tns:multiply"/>
      <output message="tns:multiplyResponse"/>
    </operation>
  </portType>
  <binding name="CalculatorWSPortBinding" type="tns:CalculatorWS">
    <soap:binding transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" style="document"/>
    <operation name="multiply">
      <soap:operation soapAction=""/>
      <input>
        <soap:body use="literal"/>
      </input>
      <output>
        <soap:body use="literal"/>
      </output>
    </operation>
  </binding>
  <service name="CalculatorWSService">
    <port name="CalculatorWSPort" binding="tns:CalculatorWSPortBinding">
      <soap:address location="REPLACE_WITH_ACTUAL_URL"/>
</port>
  </service>
</definitions>
------>END OF THE ORIGINAL WSDL

----->>>>>BEGINNING OF THE WSDL USED BY THE CLIENT(generated by synapse and adapted by me because of a bug in the JAX wsimport tool):
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wsdl:definitions xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/" xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/" xmlns:wsaw="http://www.w3.org/2006/05/addressing/wsdl" xmlns:tns="http://calculator.me.org/" xmlns:http="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:mime="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/mime/" xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/" xmlns:soap12="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap12/" targetNamespace="http://calculator.me.org/">
    <wsdl:types>

       <xs:schema xmlns:ax21="http://services.samples/xsd"
                   targetNamespace="http://calculator.me.org/" attributeFormDefault="qualified"
                   elementFormDefault="qualified">
  <xs:element name="multiply" type="tns:multiply"/>
  <xs:element name="multiplyResponse" type="tns:multiplyResponse"/>
  <xs:complexType name="multiply">
    <xs:sequence>
      <xs:element name="i" type="xs:int"/>
  </xs:sequence>
  </xs:complexType>
  <xs:complexType name="multiplyResponse">
    <xs:sequence>
      <xs:element name="return" type="xs:int"/>
    </xs:sequence>
  </xs:complexType>
</xs:schema>

    </wsdl:types>
    <wsdl:message name="multiply">
        <wsdl:part name="parameters" element="tns:multiply"/>
    </wsdl:message>
    <wsdl:message name="multiplyResponse">
        <wsdl:part name="parameters" element="tns:multiplyResponse"/>
    </wsdl:message>
    <wsdl:portType name="CalculatorProxyPortType">
        <wsdl:operation name="multiply">
            <wsdl:input message="tns:multiply" wsaw:Action="http://calculator.me.org/CalculatorWS/multiplyRequest"/>
            <wsdl:output message="tns:multiplyResponse" wsaw:Action="http://calculator.me.org/CalculatorWS/multiplyResponse"/>
        </wsdl:operation>
    </wsdl:portType>
    <wsdl:binding name="CalculatorProxySOAP11Binding" type="tns:CalculatorProxyPortType">
        <soap:binding transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" style="document"/>
        <wsdl:operation name="multiply">
            <soap:operation soapAction="" style="document"/>
            <wsdl:input>
                <soap:body use="literal"/>
            </wsdl:input>
            <wsdl:output>
                <soap:body use="literal"/>
            </wsdl:output>
        </wsdl:operation>
    </wsdl:binding>
    <wsdl:binding name="CalculatorProxySOAP12Binding" type="tns:CalculatorProxyPortType">
        <soap12:binding transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" style="document"/>
        <wsdl:operation name="multiply">
            <soap12:operation soapAction="" style="document"/>
            <wsdl:input>
                <soap12:body use="literal"/>
            </wsdl:input>
            <wsdl:output>
                <soap12:body use="literal"/>
            </wsdl:output>
        </wsdl:operation>
    </wsdl:binding>
    <wsdl:binding name="CalculatorProxyHttpBinding" type="tns:CalculatorProxyPortType">
        <http:binding verb="POST"/>
        <wsdl:operation name="multiply">
            <http:operation location="CalculatorProxy/multiply"/>
            <wsdl:input>
                <mime:content type="text/xml" part="multiply"/>
            </wsdl:input>
            <wsdl:output>
                <mime:content type="text/xml" part="multiply"/>
            </wsdl:output>
        </wsdl:operation>
    </wsdl:binding>
    <wsdl:service name="CalculatorProxy">
        <wsdl:port name="CalculatorProxySOAP11port_http" binding="tns:CalculatorProxySOAP11Binding">
            <soap:address location="http://localhost.localdomain:8008/soap/CalculatorProxy"/>
        </wsdl:port>
        <wsdl:port name="CalculatorProxySOAP12port_http" binding="tns:CalculatorProxySOAP12Binding">
            <soap12:address location="http://localhost.localdomain:8008/soap/CalculatorProxy"/>
        </wsdl:port>
        <wsdl:port name="CalculatorProxyHttpport" binding="tns:CalculatorProxyHttpBinding">
            <http:address location="http://localhost.localdomain:8008/soap/CalculatorProxy"/>
        </wsdl:port>
    </wsdl:service>
</wsdl:definitions>

------>END OF THE WSDL USED BY THE CLIENT

---------------------------------

RE : Re: RE : Re: MalformedInputException

Posted by Sihem <st...@yahoo.fr>.
I finally know the origin of the bug. Indeed, I used telnet localhost 8080 to send manually the request. And I noticed that the following soap request is the cause of the problem:

Because when I use instead the soap request sent by the java client that does not use synapse, it works. Here is the working soap request:
<?xml version="1.0" ?><S:Envelope xmlns:S="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><S:Body><ns2:multiply xmlns:ns2="http://calculator.me.org/"><i>30</i></ns2:multiply></S:Body></S:Envelope>

But I do not know whether the bug is due to JAX or synapse.

Sihem

---------------------------------
 Yahoo! Mail : un mail innovant avec Messenger compatible Windows Live + stockage illimité.

Re: RE : Re: MalformedInputException

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Yes the basic address was wrong. I was just guessing based on the 302
response!!

Can you send me a dump for the latest interaction I'll try and understand
what's happening!

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

RE : Re: MalformedInputException

Posted by Sihem <st...@yahoo.fr>.
Paul,
 I understand why this exception occurs:
 Exception in thread "HttpClientWorker-16" java.lang.NullPointerException
         at org.apache.axis2.transport.TransportUtils.createDocumentElement(TransportUtils.java:156)

 The tomcat server answers to synapse as if the request was:
 http://localhost:8080/CalculatorWSApplication/
 So it returns the html page of the webapp (CalculatorWSApplication) and not an xml document with the soap answer.
 Tomcat does not understand synapse request.

 1) I tested the web service without using synapse and here is the request sent by the client to tomcat:
 POST /CalculatorWSApplication/CalculatorWS HTTP/1.1^M
 SOAPAction: ""^M
 Accept: text/xml, multipart/related, text/html, image/gif, image/jpeg, *; q=.2, */*; q=.2^M
 ^M

 <?xml version="1.0" ?><S:Envelope xmlns:S="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><S:Body><ns2:multiply xmlns:ns2="http://calculator.me.org/"><i>30</i></ns2:multiply></S:Body></S:Envelope>

 which is correct

 2) I tested the client using synapse and here is the request sent by synapse to tomcat:
 POST http://localhost:8080/CalculatorWSApplication/ HTTP/1.1^M
 Host: cannelle:8008^M
 Accept: text/xml, multipart/related, text/html, image/gif, image/jpeg, *; q=.2, */*; q=.2^M
 SOAPAction: http://calculator.me.org/CalculatorWS/multiplyRequest^M
 ^M

 c4^M

 0^M
 ^M

 which is quite different, especially the POST URL

 Sihem

---------------------------------

RE : Re: MalformedInputException

Posted by Sihem <st...@yahoo.fr>.
Paul,
  can you tell me how to raise a JIRA for synapse ?
 As for the redirect problem, you were right: I have added the '/' to the address and the exception was no longer thrown. I have however another exception and I am trying to debug. It seems to be caused by a bad soap request or answer.
 Thanks a lot!
 Sihem

 2007-11-20 11:49:54,646 [127.0.0.1-cannelle] [I/O dispatcher 3] DEBUG ClientHandler HTTP connection [localhost/127.0.0.1:8080]: Request ready
 Exception in thread "HttpClientWorker-12" java.lang.NullPointerException
         at org.apache.axis2.transport.TransportUtils.createDocumentElement(TransportUtils.java:156)
         at org.apache.axis2.transport.TransportUtils.createSOAPMessage(TransportUtils.java:111)
         at org.apache.synapse.transport.nhttp.ClientWorker.run(ClientWorker.java:157)
         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:885)
         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

---------------------------------

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Sihem

I think I know the problem. I'm not sure our NIO transport correctly handles
the 302 redirect. However, you might be able to workaround this with a minor
mod to your synapse config.

Please add a / to the address at the end:

<definitions xmlns="http://ws.apache.org/ns/synapse">
   <proxy name="CalculatorProxy" transports="http">
       <target>
           <endpoint>
               <address uri="http://localhost:8080/CalculatorWSApplication/"/>
<!-- note extra / at the end -->
           </endpoint>
                       <outSequence>
                               <send/>
                       </outSequence>
       </target>
       <publishWSDL uri="file:repository/conf
/sample/resources/proxy/CalculatorWSService.wsdl"/>
   </proxy>
</definitions>

Also could you please raise a JIRA about redirects?

Thanks

Paul

On Nov 19, 2007 5:12 PM, Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't see the attachment - maybe its still in another slower email.
>
> Paul
>
> On Nov 19, 2007 5:06 PM, Sihem <stfleche@yahoo.fr > wrote:
>
> > sent in attachment
> > Thanks!
> > Sihem

> Paul Fremantle
> OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
>
> blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
> paul@wso2.com

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: MalformedInputException

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.

On Nov 19, 2007 5:06 PM, Sihem <st...@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> sent in attachment
> Thanks!
> Sihem

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: MalformedInputException

Posted by Sihem <st...@yahoo.fr>.
sent in attachment
Thanks!
Sihem

---------------------------------

Re: RE : Re: RE : Re: RE : Re: MalformedInputException

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
yes please!

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

RE : Re: RE : Re: RE : Re: MalformedInputException

Posted by Sihem <st...@yahoo.fr>.

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Sihem

Thanks for the info. I can't see offhand what is going wrong. Is it possible
to trace the interaction between the client and Synapse using TCPMON to
capture the HTTP dialog. The only other thing that is bothering me is the
lack of an action in the WSDL, but that shouldn't affect Synapse.

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair