Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2005/11/19 15:53:41 UTC

[m2] Sequential execution of goals in different profiles?

Hi,

I'd like to execute several profiles. I thought that the following would
work (defined inside a project's pom.xml):

  <profiles>
    <profile>
      <id>tomcat</id>
      <activation>
        <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
      </activation>
      <build>
        <plugins>
          <plugin>
            <groupId>org.codehaus.cargo.maven2</groupId>
            <artifactId>cargo-maven2-plugin</artifactId>
            <executions>
              <execution>
                <phase>integration-test</phase>
                <goals>
                  <goal>start</goal>
                </goals>
                <configuration>
[...]
                </configuration>
              </execution>
            </executions>
          </plugin>
        </plugins>
      </build>
    </profile>
    <profile>
      <id>orion</id>
      <activation>
        <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
      </activation>
      <build>
        <plugins>
          <plugin>
            <groupId>org.codehaus.cargo.maven2</groupId>
            <artifactId>cargo-maven2-plugin</artifactId>
            <executions>
              <execution>
                <phase>integration-test</phase>
                <goals>
                  <goal>start</goal>
                </goals>
                <configuration>
[...]
                </configuration>
              </execution>
            </executions>
          </plugin>
        </plugins>
      </build>
    </profile>
  </profiles>

But when I run this only the second profile executes (even if I specify "-P
tomcat,orion" on the command line). Any idea?

Thanks
-Vincent

PS: BTW, this is really verbose (even more that what is shown here as the
cargo m2 plugin configuration has lots of elements itself).

RE: [m2] Sequential execution of goals in different profiles?

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Ok, I've found the reason it wasn't working: I had not specified an
execution id!

Thanks
-Vincent