Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by "Fabiano C. de Oliveira" <fa...@yahoo.com.br> on 2007/10/17 19:27:19 UTC

MINA Multicast

Is there a plan to implement MULTICAST to 1.1 branch or only trunk ? I'd like
to implement this in 1.1, is there some work or patch for this ? Help is
appreciated.

thanks,
    Fabiano.

Re: MINA Multicast

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
Hi,

Yes you are right SLP use multicast for group management.

Multicast is not quite common, most of time it's used for
media broadcasting (audio/video).

Julien

Re: MINA Multicast

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Doh! You're right.

Re: MINA Multicast

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.

Re: MINA Multicast

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
FYI multicast would help us do DHCP with MINA correctly over at Directory.
Plus a slew of other protocols
can also benefit.  I'd love to see something along these lines happening in
the trunk for a 2.0 release.

Mike, this might sound like a crazy idea but perhaps the fact that it cannot
presently be done with NIO in
pre-1.7 JDKs can be abstracted away.  So when the right JDK or APR based
MINA delegates are present
the NIO based capability can be triggered? Until then can't this be mimiced?

Alex

Re: MINA Multicast

Posted by Mike Heath <mh...@apache.org>.