Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Rich <rg...@ellerbach.com> on 2004/12/19 23:02:06 UTC

AWL confusion

Me new email host is using SA 3.0.1 and I have been watching what gets
caught and what doesn't so I can do some user_prefs tuning if necessary.
But I don't understand what is going on with this AWL stuff. The host
service has it turned on and I get a non-spam message with this score
report in it:

	* -2.6 BAYES_00 BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 0 to 1%
	*      [score: 0.0000]
	*   17 AWL AWL: From: address is in the auto white-list

So why on earth is a 17-score given to an address in an auto white-list?
Shouldn't an address get a negative score (or, at least, a neutral zero)
if it's in a WL?

Rich

RE: AWL confusion

Posted by Chris Blaise <cb...@esoft.com>.
	I agree it's a very misleading term.

	The easiest and most appropriate term I've heard is "historical
averaging".

Posted by Bill Landry <bi...@pointshare.com>.

Re: AWL confusion

Posted by Rich <rg...@ellerbach.com>.