Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by paul <tj...@fairex.com> on 2004/03/31 04:52:39 UTC

Encountering problems with httpclient

Dear all,

    Need some help here. I am sending many xml to a IIS webserver using
the same Httpclient object & same PostMethod object to sent. Wheneven I
sent xmls within intervals of less than 2 secs,
the following exceptions occurred :
Mar 31, 2004 10:19:36 AM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase
readResponse
INFO: Discarding unexpected response: HTTP/1.1 100 Continue
Mar 31, 2004 10:19:36 AM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase
processRequest
INFO: Recoverable exception caught when processing request
Mar 31, 2004 10:19:36 AM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase
processRequest
WARNING: Recoverable exception caught but
MethodRetryHandler.retryMethod() returned false, rethrowing exception
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpRecoverableException:
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.readResponse(HttpMethodBase.java:1965)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.processRequest(HttpMethodBase.java:2659)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute(HttpMethodBase.java:1093)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:675)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:529)

Re: Encountering problems with httpclient

Posted by paul <tj...@fairex.com>.
Michael,

    I am using the latest version. I have found the solution : use
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager. Before that I was using the default
Simple.....

Paul

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
Hi Paul,